Friday, June 24, 2016
Dr. Philipp Bagus joins Adam Camac to discuss deflation, its causes, its consequences, how different schools of economic thought view deflation, and key historical examples of deflation.
About the Guest
Dr. Bagus is a professor of economics at Universidad Rey Juan Carlos and is the author of In Defense of Deflation. He is also the author of The Tragedy of the Euro and, most recently, is a co-author of Blind Robbery!: How the Fed, Banks, and Government Steal Our Money.
Biographical information is from philippbagus.com.
1. In Defense of Deflation by Philipp Bagus
2. The Tragedy of the Euro by Philipp Bagus
3. Blind Robbery!: How the Fed, Banks, and Government Steal Our Money by Philipp Bagus and Andreas Marquart
1. Deflation: When Austrians Become Interventionists by Philipp Bagus (July 20, 2005)
66. Austrian Business Cycle Theory with Dr. Richard Ebeling (Friday, May 27, 2016)
51. Problems with Keynesian Economics with Dr. G.P. Manish (Friday, May 6, 2016)
11. Answering Critics of a Gold Standard with Dr. Joe Salerno (Friday, March 11, 2016)
6. The Origins of Money with Dr. Mark Thornton (Friday, March 4, 2016)