Friday, February 24, 2017
Dr. Philipp Bagus joins Adam Camac to discuss fiat money, recessions, the banking system, and his book, Blind Robbery!: How the Fed, Banks, and Government Steal Our Money, which he co-authored with Andreas Marquart.
About the Guest
Dr. Bagus is a professor of economics at Universidad Rey Juan Carlos. He is the author of In Defense of Deflation and of The Tragedy of the Euro. Most recently, he is a co-author of Blind Robbery!: How the Fed, Banks, and Government Steal Our Money.
Biographical information is from philippbagus.com.
1. In Defense of Deflation by Philipp Bagus
2. The Tragedy of the Euro by Philipp Bagus
3. Blind Robbery!: How the Fed, Banks, and Government Steal Our Money by Philipp Bagus and Andreas Marquart
4. The Theory of Money and Credit by Ludwig Von Mises
5. The Ethics of Money Production by Jörg Guido Hülsmann
6. What Has Government Done to Our Money? by Murray Rothbard
7. Money, Bank Credit, and Economic Cycles by Jesús Huerta de Soto
Previous Appearance and Related Episodes
124. What Everyone Should Know about the Federal Reserve with Chris Rossini (Thursday, October 13, 2016)
122. Comparing Business Cycle Theories with Dr. David Howden (Tuesday, October 4, 2016)
94. US Government Debt and a Potential Default or Repudiation with Dr. Jeff Hummel (Wednesday, July 20, 2016)
89. The Federal Reserve’s True Record with Dr. George Selgin (Friday, July 8, 2016)
84. Defending Deflation with Dr. Philipp Bagus (Friday, June 24, 2016)
71. How the Federal Reserve Operates with Paul-Martin Foss (Friday, June 3, 2016)
66. Austrian Business Cycle Theory with Dr. Richard Ebeling (Friday, May 27, 2016)
51. Problems with Keynesian Economics with Dr. G.P. Manish (Friday, May 6, 2016)
11. Answering Critics of a Gold Standard with Dr. Joe Salerno (Friday, March 11, 2016)
6. The Origins of Money with Dr. Mark Thornton (Friday, March 4, 2016)