Tuesday, October 4, 2016
Dr. David Howden joins Adam Camac to discuss Austrian business cycle theory and how it compares to the Keynesian and Chicago school theories.
About the Guest
Dr. Howden is Chair of the Department of Business and Economics and professor of economics at St. Louis University’s Madrid Campus. He is the Academic Vice President of the Mises Institute of Canada. He is the editor of The Journal of Prices and Markets and a co-author of Deep Freeze: Iceland’s Economic Collapse with Philipp Bagus.
You can follow his work via Mises Canada.
Biographical information is from mises.org.
1. Deep Freeze: Iceland’s Economic Collapse by David Howden and Philipp Bagus
2. Money, Bank Credit, and Economic Cycles by Jesús Huerta de Soto
3. Time and Money: The Macroeconomics of Capital Structure by Roger Garrison
1. 2016 International Conference of Prices and Markets (November 4-5, 2016 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
117. What Caused the Great Depression and Why the New Deal Failed with Dr. Bob Murphy (Friday, September 23, 2016)
66. Austrian Business Cycle Theory with Dr. Richard Ebeling (Friday, May 27, 2016)
51. Problems with Keynesian Economics with Dr. G.P. Manish (Friday, May 6, 2016)