Friday, October 13, 2017
Dr. Tom Harrington joins Adam Camac and Daniel Laguros to discuss the Catalan independence referendum, the history of Catalonia, and the likely fallout from the referendum.
About the Guest
Dr. Harrington is professor of Hispanic Studies at Trinity College in Hartford and the director and founder of Trinity’s Barcelona program. He is the author of Public Intellectuals and Nation Building in the Iberian Peninsula, 1900–1925: The Alchemy of Identity. He is a frequent contributor in the American press at Antiwar.com, Common Dreams, and CounterPunch and in the Catalan press via the Ara newspaper.
Biographical information is from trincoll.edu.
Picture is from trincoll.edu.
1. Public Intellectuals and Nation Building in the Iberian Peninsula, 1900–1925: The Alchemy of Identity by Tom Harrington
1. Breaking: Forced Takeover of Catalan Government Institutions by Spanish Police Ahead of Oct. 1 Vote by Tom Harrington (September 20, 2017)
2. Catalonia: Spanish Centralism or Self-Defeating Hubris of the Authoritarian Mind? by Tom Harrington (September 23, 2017)
3. Last Sunday in Catalonia: Pirates 1, The Invincible Armada 0 by Tom Harrington (October 5, 2017)
1. Tom Harrington’s Trinity College Faculty Profile
2. Tom Harrington’s Antiwar.com Archive
3. Tom Harrington’s Common Dreams Archive
4. Tom Harrington’s CounterPunch Archive
5. Catalonia’s Ara Newspaper in English
6. Catalonia’s Vila Web Newspaper in English
7. Madrid’s El Pais Newspaper in English
8. Catalonia’s La Vanguardia Newspaper (Only available in Spanish and Catalan – not available in English)