Friday, March 11, 2016
Dr. Joe Salerno joins Adam Camac and Daniel Laguros to discuss what a gold standard is, the history of the gold standard in the United States, and the problems with common objections to a gold standard.
About the Guest
Dr. Salerno is Academic Vice President of the Mises Institute, a professor of economics at Pace University, and the John V. Denson Professor of Economics at Auburn University. He is editor of the Quarterly Journal of Austrian Economics and the author of Money: Sound and Unsound.
Biographical information is from mises.org.
Picture is from mises.org.
1. Gold Standard by Joe Salerno (May 31, 2008)
1. Money: Sound and Unsound by Joe Salerno
2. What Has Government Done to Our Money? by Murray Rothbard
3. The Case for a 100 Percent Gold Dollar by Murray Rothbard
4. Money and Freedom by Hans Sennholz