Friday, September 23, 2016
Dr. Bob Murphy joins Adam Camac to discuss the Great Depression, what caused it, and why the New Deal was unsuccessful.
About the Guest
Dr. Murphy is a Research Assistant Professor at the Free Market Institute at Texas Tech University, a Research Fellow at the Independent Institute, and an Associated Scholar with the Mises Institute. He is the author of The Politically Incorrect Guide to the Great Depression and the New Deal. He is a co-author of The Primal Prescription: Surviving the “Sick Care” Sinkhole with Doug McGuff, MD, and his most recent book is Choice: Cooperation, Enterprise, and Human Action. He also co-hosts the Contra Krugman podcast with Dr. Tom Woods.
Biographical information is from contrakrugman.com.
1. The Politically Incorrect Guide to the Great Depression and the New Deal by Bob Murphy
2. Choice: Cooperation, Enterprise, and Human Action by Bob Murphy
3. The Primal Prescription: Surviving the “Sick Care” Sinkhole by Bob Murphy and Doug McGuff
4. America’s Great Depression by Murray Rothbard
5. The Midas Paradox: Financial Markets, Government Policy Shocks, and the Great Depression by Scott Sumner
6. The Great Depression by Lionel Robbins
7. Crisis and Leviathan: Critical Episodes in the Growth of American Government by Robert Higgs
Previous Appearance and Related Episodes
114. Why Socialism Doesn’t Work with Dr. Tom DiLorenzo (Tuesday, September 13, 2016)
66. Austrian Business Cycle Theory with Dr. Richard Ebeling (Friday, May 27, 2016)
51. Problems with Keynesian Economics with Dr. G.P. Manish (Friday, May 6, 2016)
36. Fractional Reserve Banking and Its Problems with Dr. Walter Block (Friday, April 15, 2016)
4. US Government Interventions in Healthcare and Obamacare with Dr. Bob Murphy (Wednesday, March 2, 2016)