Wednesday, June 15, 2016
Dr. Michel Accad joins Adam Camac and Daniel Laguros to discuss how the modern American healthcare system began, what medical care looked like before that system, how licensing laws, the Great Depression, and World War II helped shape that system, and the establishment of health insurance and third-party payers.
About the Guest
Dr. Accad is a cardiologist and internist in San Francisco.
1. The Primal Prescription: Surviving The “Sick Care” Sinkhole by Bob Murphy and Doug McGuff
2. Surgery Center of Oklahoma
3. Dr. Smith’s Blog from the Surgery Center of Oklahoma
4. Free Market Medical Association
5. Association of American Physicians and Surgeons
80. The American Healthcare System Since World War II with Dr. Michel Accad (Thursday, June 16, 2016)
34. Surviving the American Healthcare System with Dr. Doug McGuff (Wednesday, April 13, 2016)
9. The FDA and the Pharmaceutical Industry with Dr. Mary Ruwart (Wednesday, March 9, 2016)
4. US Government Interventions in Healthcare and Obamacare with Dr. Bob Murphy (Wednesday, March 2, 2016)