Friday, January 13, 2017
Dr. Conn Hallinan joins Adam Camac to discuss his article, A Global Nuclear Winter: Avoiding the Unthinkable in India and Pakistan, the background of the tensions between India and Pakistan, how horrific and devastating a nuclear war and the resulting nuclear winter would be, and potential solutions to avoid the unthinkable.
About the Guest
Dr. Hallinan is a columnist for Foreign Policy In Focus and an independent journalist. He oversaw the journalism program at the University of California at Santa Cruz for 23 years and was a college provost at UCSC.
Biographical information is from dispatchesfromtheedgeblog.wordpress.com.
1. A Global Nuclear Winter: Avoiding the Unthinkable in India and Pakistan by Conn Hallinan (December 8, 2016)
1. Hiroshima by John Hersey
1. Foreign Policy In Focus
2. Dispatches from the Edge
3. Conn Hallinan’s Foreign Policy In Focus Archive
4. Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty
5. National Nuclear Security Administration
6. Ploughshares Fund
142. US Asia Policy, Japan, South Korea, and Trump with Tim Shorrock (Thursday, December 29, 2016)
126. Problems with the US Nuclear Arsenal with John LaForge (Saturday, October 22, 2016)
109. High-Profile Opposition to the Atomic Bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki with Jared Labell (Wednesday, August 31, 2016)
108. Refuting Arguments Made in Favor of the Atomic Bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki with Jared Labell (Monday, August 29, 2016)
72. Key Figures in Pakistani History with Dr. Ayesha Jalal (Monday, June 6, 2016)
57. The Founding of Pakistan and the Partition of India with Dr. Ayesha Jalal (Monday, May 16, 2016)