Monday, December 5, 2016
Dr. Mary Ruwart joins Adam Camac to discuss the Gary Johnson/Bill Weld ticket, the campaign they ran, how they did, and the current state of the Libertarian Party, now that the election is over.
About the Guest
Dr. Ruwart is a research scientist, ethicist, and libertarian author and activist. She worked as a senior research scientist for The Upjohn Company, where she was involved in pharmaceutical research related to AIDS and liver cirrhosis. She sought the Libertarian Party presidential nomination in 1984 and 2008 and the Libertarian Party vice-presidential nomination in 1992. She is the author of Healing Our World: In an Age of Aggression and Short Answers to the Tough Questions: How to Answer the Questions Libertarians Are Often Asked. She is currently working on Death by Regulation: How We Were Robbed of a Golden Age of Health and How We Can Reclaim It, which will be finished in late 2016.
Biographical information is from ruwart.com.
1. Healing Our World: In an Age of Aggression by Mary Ruwart
2. Short Answers to the Tough Questions: How to Answer the Questions Libertarians Are Often Asked by Mary Ruwart
3. Death by Regulation: How We Were Robbed of a Golden Age of Health and How We Can Reclaim It by Mary Ruwart (Late 2016)
Related Video Clips
1. Gary Johnson Calling Hillary Clinton a “Wonderful Public Servant” (June 23, 2016)
2. Gary Johnson Asking “What Is Aleppo?” (September 8, 2016)
3. Gary Johnson Being Asked Who His Favorite Foreign Leader Is (September 28, 2016)
4. Bill Weld Endorsing Lisa Murkowski in Alaska’s US Senate Race (October 27, 2016)
5. Bill Weld “Vouching” for Hillary Clinton (November 1, 2016)
Previous Appearances and Related Episodes
102. Libertarian Strategy with Jeff Deist (Thursday, August 11, 2016)
87. How to Cure the Heroin Epidemic with Dr. Mark Thornton (Wednesday, July 6, 2016)
83. Evaluating the Johnson/Weld Ticket with Dr. Mary Ruwart (Thursday, June 23, 2016)
41. The Libertarian Party and the Non-Aggression Principle with Dr. Mary Ruwart (Friday, April 22, 2016)
9. The FDA and the Pharmaceutical Industry with Dr. Mary Ruwart (Wednesday, March 9, 2016)