Friday, September 30, 2016
Patrick Cockburn joins Adam Camac to discuss the recent coup attempt in Turkey, the current tensions in Turkey, the Gulen movement, and the crackdown by the Erdogan government that followed the coup attempt.
About the Guest
Mr. Cockburn is currently Middle East correspondent for The Independent and was previously a Middle East correspondent with the Financial Times. He has written multiple books on recent Iraqi history and is the author of Chaos and Caliphate: Jihadis and the West in the Struggle for the Middle East.
Biographical information is from independent.co.uk.
1. Turkey’s President Erdogan Uses Emergency Powers to Close More than 2,000 Gulen-Connected Institutions by Patrick Cockburn (July 23, 2016)
1. The Jihadis Return: ISIS and the New Sunni Uprising by Patrick Cockburn
2. Chaos and Caliphate: Jihadis and the West in the Struggle for the Middle East by Patrick Cockburn
3. The Rise of Islamic State: ISIS and the New Sunni Revolution by Patrick Cockburn
42. The Legacy of the Arab Spring with Patrick Cockburn (Monday, April 25, 2016)